development of Debian OS

Dear Sir,
             I am the user of Debian for the past one year. I feel great for using the Debian OS and i have so many doubts
on these GNU/Linux Operating Systems. Why it was unable to compete with Microsoft and that's not a big deal for you
to popularise the linux to the outside world, and there are so many linux flavors available to easily compete with Microsoft.
             You are working so hard to improve the Linux but at the same time why people are not able to migrate from
windows to linux. Why you people are not able to develop a simple graphical user interface linux
which is mostly controlled by GUI, in order to popularise the Linux in the real world.
              For best of my knowledge Apple Mac OS has also derivative of Linux and it has grown so much compared to
available linux flavors. Who is stopping the growth of the Linux Operating System.

              If the above matter seems to be confidential to you, then please revert to me with the same after that i will be very happy.

--
Thanks and Regards.

S.Bhaskara Rao,
Mumbai-400076.