Re: DEP-11: AppStream and Component Metadata for Debian

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 5:01 AM, Matthias Klumpp wrote:

> This would make sense - but this would be a very huge change on the
> repo format, I'm not sure if ftpmasters would allow this. That's why
> DEP-11 is as less invasive as possible.

I think the emdebian guys have already been thinking about this
splitting and managed to convince them to split the descriptions out.
I don't see why more logical splitting isn't possible or desirable.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise