DEP-10: AppStream and Component Metadata for Debian

Hi there,

(please explicitly CC me with any replies, I am not subscribed to -project).

I would like to claim DEP-11.  As per DEP-0, I'm supposed to drop a
line here[1] with the Title and abstract:

    Title: AppStream and Component Metadata for Debian
    DEP: 11
    Drivers: Matthias Klumpp <matthias@tenstral.net>,
                Julian Andres Klode <jak@debian.org>,
                Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org>
    Abstract:
     Proposal for an additional file in Debian repositories containing
     information about components packages provide as well as
     all data required for the cross-distro application manager
     project AppStream[1].

This DEP is in DRAFT state at time.

Discussion will probably take place on ftpmasters mailinglist or on
Debian-devel, I'm not exactly sure about this at time. (No discussion
has started yet)
I will send a follow-up mail to this one when a discussion has started
somewhere.

Kind regards,
   Matthias Klumpp

[1] http://distributions.freedesktop.org/wiki/AppStream/