Re: No good user experience of Debian (Was: Packaging r-bioc-simpleaffy)

On 01/03/11 09:00, Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Ma, 01 mar 11, 00:37:23, Tony Travis wrote:

Together with my colleagues, I arranged a biologist's 'power' user
workshop in Florence during which we spent one of the three days in
a University computer lab set up entirely with Debian Etch
workstations running Iceweasel, to connect as NX clients to
NuGO-Linux servers.

And you are aware, of course, that Etch is End of Life since one year...

Hi, Andrei.

Yes, at the time of the meeting we were using Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy). I'm now comparing Debian 6 with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, which I think is a fair comparison.

Bye,

  Tony.