Re: DEP5: Extra fields without ‘X-’ prefix?

On Monday 15 November 2010 17:47:26 Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> >Indeed. But people using extra fields will get warnings, so they will
> >ignore them. Then, they will also ignore warnings triggered by typos in
> >standard fields.
>
> True. But I see it as a challenge of parsers rather than a flaw of the
> format: it could be handled similar to lintian overrides (i.e. silence
> specific non-standard fields you yourself choose to use).

How about calling DEP-5 parser from lintian and let lintian handle the
overrides ?

> IMO this is sliding away from DEP5: feel free to move the conversation
> to the Config::Model mailinglist if you agree (readers are hereby
> warned). :-)

I'd suggest to nail the use case here. All other implementations details will
be discussed in Config::Model mailinglist.

All the best

Dominique
--
http://config-model.wiki.sourceforge.net/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/