Re: DEP5: Extra fields without ‘X-’ prefix?

On su, 2010-11-14 at 11:37 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 08:12:15PM +0000, Lars Wirzenius a écrit :
> >
> > The editorial changes, plus these two items, are the final things left
> > for DEP5, except for the review for licenses, shortnames and SPDX
> > compatibility.
>
> Hi Lars,
>
> I would like to discuss about the addition of ‘X-’ in front of extra fields.  I
> proposed earlier to recommend against, Steve answered that he prefered to
> simply remove the requirement.

I'm fine with pretty much anything with regards to the extra fields. How
about we change the wording from this:

        Extra fields can be added to any paragraph. Their name starts by
        **`X-`**.

To this:

        Extra fields can be added to any paragraph. No prefixing is
        necessary. Future versions of the `debian/copyright`
        specification will attempt to avoid conflicting specifications
        for widely used extra fields.

Is that enough? This is a minor detail, I'd like to not start specifying
too much about how parsers are supposed to handle the fields, etc.