Success of iPhone apps (was: Re: What is annoying in the flattr buttons?)

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:

> And in conclusion, I would like to remind the extraordinary success of non-free
> software on the iPhone, which I think can be explained by the easiness of
> micropayement through the Apple webstore.

It's clearly not the only reason, and it's not even the first one on
the list.

You should have told about the high level of integration of the whole
platform, the overall quality of the (top) apps, the ease of use, the
sexiness of the apps, ... and lots of other things that free software
apps do, more often than not, lack.

But you absolutely do have a point in that there are lessons to be
learned, though the one you are highlighting isn't the most important of
all.

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>