Invitation To The Ubuntu Developer Summit - Orlando, USA

Hi Everyone,

To introduce, my name is Jono Bacon and I am the Ubuntu Community
Manager working at Canonical. I know I have met some of you at DebConf
in the past.

Recently I have been having some regular calls with Stefano Zacchiroli
and he suggested that it could be useful to invite the Debian community
to our Ubuntu Developer Summit. Our Ubuntu Developer Summit is where our
community comes together to discuss, design and debate plans for the
next version of Ubuntu, in this case Ubuntu 11.04. I think the event is
a useful experience, and in fact, we invited Stefano to our last UDS
which was in Belgium, and I think we would both agree that his
participation was useful for him and the Ubuntu community.

As such, I would like to invite everyone to join us at this UDS which
takes place in sunny Orlando, Florida from the 25-th 29th October 2010.
You can find out more details at http://uds.ubuntu.com/ - we do also
have some limited resources to provide travel and hotel assistance -
details of how to apply are at
http://uds.ubuntu.com/participate/sponsorship/

I would love to see more participation from Debian at UDS, and we have
been really trying to improve and extent our participation at DebConf.
If you have any questions, please just email me at jono AT ubuntu DOT
com and I am happy to help.

Thanks everyone, and keep up the great work. :-)

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager