Re: webchat/cgiirc on irc.debian.org

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010, Valessio S Brito wrote:
> There is "cgiirc", I think it quite functional. Example run:
> http://webchat.freenode.net/
>
> Could anyone help with configuration and installation?

Almost invariably, web-based chats like this that are launched without
coordination with the network that they are talking to lead to abuse
and the eventually banning and/or k-lining of involved hosts.

#debian routinely bans the webchat on freenode, and I've no doubt that
we'll be routinely banning other web chats which are used without
authentication.

Don Armstrong

We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
 -- Jeremy S. Anderson