Re: UPDATE DEBIAN VER 2.1 ......AND MORE

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 06:28:45PM +0000, loualich andre wrote:
> HI .
> if this mesage is send to you by mistake
> please forward it to "whom it may concern"
> I am sorry to say that yours websites look like all LINUX
> TOO MUCH WORDS AND SCUM ABOUT NOTHING
> ____________________________________
> 1ST PROBLEM / I bought  some years ago  version 2.1
> Alas ! my hope of  freedom from from MICROSOFT  dictatorship (*)
>  soon evaporated

> ALAS / 2 / VERSION 2.1 IS NO LONGER BOOTABLE

Thank you for your interest in Debian.  Version 2.1 of Debian has not been
supported for almost ten years; it is not surprising that it's not bootable
for you on modern hardware.  If you are trying to install Debian, it is
recommended that you use the most recent release, Debian 5.0.  Information
on installing Debian can be found here:

   http://www.debian.org/distrib/

This information is linked from the sidebar of the debian.org homepage under
"Getting Debian" (« Obtenir Debian » à l'edition française).

If you need further assistance with your Debian installation, it is
recommended that you contact the debian-user mailing list at
debian-user@lists.debian.org, or one of the language-specific user support
lists shown at http://lists.debian.org/users.html, such as
debian-user-french@lists.debian.org.

> WHEN SHALL WE SEE AT LAST
> A VERSION OF LINUX ACCESSIBLE TO THE LAYMAN
> WHICH COULD COMPETE WITH WINDOWS
> I HAVE STILL THAT DREAM

There are a number of Linux distributions that have as their focus
accessibility to the layman.  One of these, Ubuntu, is derived from Debian;
you can learn more about this effort at www.ubuntu.com.

Accessibility to non-experts is not the primary focus of the Debian project,
but it is nevertheless important to us.  If you have specific feedback about
problems you have encountered running or installing Debian, you are always
welcome to file a bug report in our Bug Tracking System.  Information about
using this system can be found here:

   http://www.debian.org/Bugs/

Please only use this to report specific concerns with the software that our
developers can address.  If you have doubts about whether something you've
encountered is a bug, or which part of the system the bug is in, feel free
to discuss the issue on the user mailing list first.