Re: [DEP5] [patch] Renaming the ‘Maintainer’ field ‘Contact’

On su, 2010-08-15 at 06:25 +1200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> So we have at least three suggestions on the table now:
>
> 1. Rename Maintainer: to Contact:
> 2. Rename Maintainer: to Upstream-Contact: and Name: to Upstream-Name:
> 3. Drop both Maintainer: and Name: completely, even as optional fields
>
> All three seem to have reasonable justifications. I'd like to see if we
> have a rough consensus favoring one of them. Can we see a show of hands,
> please? (If we don't, I'll have choose myself, and then it'll be 3.)

It's my assessment that the rough consensus is in favor of either 2 or
3, with 3 getting more explicit votes, but 2 not getting any resistance,
and having the justification that it's useful to a number of people.
Thus, I will modify the spec to implement option 2.

If there are objections to this, I'll be happy to revert the change
until they're discussed.