Re: [DEP5] [patch] Renaming the ‘Maintainer’ field ‘Contact’

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 12:30:06PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I use the Contact field instead of the Maintainer field for my packages, and
> nobody commented about, and they passed through the NEW queue.

> I therefore think, in my humble opinion, that the attached patch is consensual
> and could be applied.

This is a wholly specious argument.  The ftp masters have stated previously
that they have no interest in DEP-5, and even if they did, a failure to
follow the spec would be no reason to reject a package from NEW.  This only
demonstrates a consensus of one.