Re: [DEP-5] [re-patch] Syntax of the files.

On su, 2010-08-15 at 16:01 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I attached three consecutive patches, that I think reflect our current
> discussion.
>
>  - The first one is just a re-iteration of Lars' patch, in
>    which I added the title of §5.1, and the version of the current Policy.

Your patch also refers to a specific Policy Manual version, which I
think is inappropriate (read: results in unnecessary work). If the
Policy Manual changes here, the DEP-5 specification needs to change at
the same time. Russ's suggestion of maintaining the approved DEP-5 spec
in the Policy Manual source tree, using the same change process, solves
that problem.

(Your patch also claims to add a URL, which my patch already did.)

>  - The second replaces stanza by paragraph.

For these kinds of search+replace things, it's easier for me to just say
to do that than to provide a patch I need to proofread. I've done the
replacement and pushed the change.

>  - The third explains how empty lines are escaped in field values.

You say:

        In field values, lines containing a single space followed by a
        single full stop character are replaced by an empty line. The
        first space or tabulation is ignored.

Why would a TAB+period not be acceptable for escaping an empty line?