Re: [DEP5] [patch] Renaming the ‘Maintainer’ field ‘Contact’

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 06:25:59AM +1200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
So we have at least three suggestions on the table now:

1. Rename Maintainer: to Contact:
2. Rename Maintainer: to Upstream-Contact: and Name: to Upstream-Name:
3. Drop both Maintainer: and Name: completely, even as optional fields

All three seem to have reasonable justifications. I'd like to see if we
have a rough consensus favoring one of them. Can we see a show of hands,
please? (If we don't, I'll have choose myself, and then it'll be 3.)

3.

The field is superfluous, and we already permit using undefined field names, usable for those who want to add such info (and by doing so "voting" for it to be included in a later revision).

 - Jonas