Re: DEP-5 meta: New co-driver; current issues

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> The current outstanding issues I am aware of:

[...]

> If there's more issues, please raise them.

It would also be nice to take a hard look at the SPDX format,[1] adopt
any good ideas from it, and try to make sure that the resultant DEP-5
can be translated into SPDX, and vice versa. [There's no reason for us
to do all of the hard work of copyright and license auditing and
verification when we can colaborate with the work of others.]

From a few conversations I had at DebConf with Kate Stewart, my
understanding is that parts of SPDX were based off of DEP-5, so this
should be possible. (It's at least worth looking at.)

Don Armstrong

1: http://spdx.org/spec/current
--
I'd never hurt another living thing.