Re: On terminology

* Martin Ågren <martin.agren@gmail.com> [2010-07-06 13:28:31 CEST]:
> On 6 July 2010 12:56, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> > Seems to me we've already had this discussion with exactly the same
> > alternatives a few years back.
>
> Indeed. What I think Cristoph meant in his first message, but not
> everybody got, was that rather than proposing definitions and colours,
> we should revisit [1]. In his second message, Christoph pointed out
> that this work is directly dependent on other issues that need to be
> addressed. So I'm not quite sure what is being discussed right now.
> I'm sure that some of this time could be used to help get these
> preconditions in place. (No, not me, I'm just trying to save
> bandwidth.)
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/10/msg00005.html

 I really would like to see this proposal (or at least something along
the lines) to be carried on with. This discussion shows clearly that we
have a need for a rework of it and need to offer better possibilities
for long standing contributors like translators and others that won't
ever touch a package and through that have no voice within the project
because they aren't allowed to vote. This is really offputting and
discouraging for them to see that people who do *way* less are allowed
to vote and get proper permissions to do stuff.

 Thanks for bringing the link back to live, I was about to dig it up to
throw it in myself.

 So long,
Rhonda
--
"Lediglich 11 Prozent der Arbeitgeber sind der Meinung, dass jeder
Mensch auch ein Privatleben haben sollte."