Guten Tag Steffen,
Good Day Steffen,
Bonjour Steffen,
Merhaba Steffen,
Salam Steffen,
Salam Alaikum Steffen,
Anyang Steffen,

>  * the release team http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam produces a
> series of status announcements, the last one I am aware of is here
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/05/msg00000.html

I am very long time involved in Debian GNU/Linux...  exactly more then
11 years!  ;-)

>  * apparently you are technically involved, and you will find many
> individuals speaking German or French (so there is no language barrier
> for you) , who are contributing to the release - join and communicate
> with them, send bug fixes for the packages that you use.

Currently I try to get a TI Sitara AM3517 and  Marvel  MV78200/Armada300
running with Debian...  I have not enough time to to more  as  reporting
bugs...

Since Squeeze has screwed up my new VServer I had some hours touble with
it because one ov my websites was down...  no not apache2 but  IP-Tables
crap...

> My personal opinion is that I am using squeeze already and you can, too.

I use it too but since my (currently) 239 servers are in  production,  I
have to wait a little bit...

> Don't expect dramatic changes, in particular not for your field which is
> embedded computing. This way, you'll be ready for Squeeze as soon as
> Squeeze is.

For the ARMEL stuff I have to get the KERNEL running!

However I do not use KDE/GNOME but FVWM and there are some heavy changes
for me if I switch my Office and my customers to squeeze...  I  have  to
build a Custom CD and a Metapackage which violate the Debian  Policy  by
changing the configs of other packages...

Also I have to recode some tools because Debian has droped  XDialog  and
there is no (compatible) replacement for it!

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France EURL       itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz                 Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France           77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de