Re: making more Debian Tartan -- deadline early April

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:30:20AM +0000, Philip Hands wrote:
> Women's skirts are significantly cheaper -- If you fancy some trousers
> like Wouter's you'll need to talk to his Mum about getting them made ;-)

Er, I doubt she'd do that for anyone but me :)

But I should note that this isn't something only mothers can do; the
shop that did the weaving and made the kilts back in 2007 doesn't
actually do anything but kilts and related apparel, but they do have
contacts with some other tailors who would be happy to create
custom-made trousers based on custom tartan cloth. I decided against
that, since my mother was happy to create my trousers for me (and as
people who've seen them can attest to, she's knowledgeable enough about
this stuff to do a good job) and that's of course somewhat cheaper, but
IIRC the prices of cloth + custom made trousers vs cloth + custom made
kilt were not too far off. Plus, you'd be able to wear them as soon as
you met Phil, which wasn't the case for me (and which was a significant
downside, as it turned out).

Of course, I would be quite unhappy if anyone were to go this route,
since that would mean my own trousers would suddenly *not* be unique
anymore. But hey.

trying to fool the system.