Re: Call for Votes - GR: Debian project members

* Roland Stigge <stigge@antcom.de> [101004 22:26]:
> On 04/10/10 21:47, Debian Project Secretary - Neil McGovern wrote:
> > [   ] Choice 1: Welcome non-packaging contributors as project members
> > [   ] Choice 2: Further discussion
>
> Sorry, I'm late. :-(
>
> I just got the ballot, but I'm not sure how to vote because we already
> have non-packaging developers as DDs (find examples in db.debian.org).
>
> So maybe it's not really necessary to change anything if this is already
> common practice for years now.
>
> But maybe I missed some of the discussion where this issue was already
> discussed.
>
> So please just point me (and maybe others, too) to it so I can vote. :-)

There is a long thread on debian-vote about this. I had the same
question and that thread did not really answer it for me.

My best guess yet is that this proposal is to tell DAM that we do not oppose
second-class Debian Developers with less privileges, so that they may add
second-class DDs in the hope that this will encourage more non-packagers to
become DDs (albeit then second class ones).

Did I guess that approximately right?
If not I'd like getting some more information, too.

	Bernhard R. Link

Please reply to debian-vote only...