Re: DEP-5: Files field and filename patterns

gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> writes:

> When I look at gitignore(5) I find in the example:

>   # ignore objects and archives, anywhere in the tree.
>   *.[oa]

> I don't think the "anywhere in the tree" part is desirable for
> debian/copyright.

If you want to express the license of the build system, an "anywhere in
the tree" pattern for Makefile.in is very helpful.  Likewise, sometimes,
for files like config.guess and config.sub.  I realize doing this is
optional from the ftp-master perspective, but I do that with my packages.