Re: DEP-5: Structure for multiple copyright statements (was: DEP-5: general file syntax)

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 11:36:54AM +1200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> On su, 2010-08-22 at 08:00 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Could we take advantage of the natural “©” marker to indicate each
> > copyright statement?
>
> That's an interesting idea, but would people in general find it easy or
> difficult to write that character? (I'd have to copy-paste it, for
> instance, since my keymap does not seem to have a binding for it.)

AltGr-c-o or RightAlt-c-0 or some other similar compose sequence?

For most common characters not on my keyboard "man groff_char" is my
usual copy-paste source :)

> The word "Copyright" or the ASCII-art "(C)" might be substituted.

The ASCII-art has no legal meaning AFAIK, it's only the word
"copyright" or the symbol "©" that can really be used.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh