Re: [DEP5] [patch] Renaming the ‘Maintainer’ field ‘Contact’

Le Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 08:43:53PM -0700, Russ Allbery a écrit :

> Am I missing some other Debian document somewhere that says we should be
> providing upstream contact information in debian/copyright?  I realize
> that lots of people do this

Hi Russ,

this is probably the reason it ended up in the DEP. But if people are
comfortable with removing the information from debian/copyright, I am all for
this solution.

[Actually, I have a feeling of déja vu for this discussion, but I can not find
a reference.]

What I would be very uncomfortable with would be to have to list ‘authors’ when
the upstream source does not contain information of who is author and who is
not. At least in the academic world, it is a question that creates many
tensions, and it is not a word to use lightly…

The ‘upstream-metadata.yaml’ system that I am proposing is also including a
Contact field: http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata. But it is still
experimental and I do not expect it to become popular until I manage to load
the data in the UDD…

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy