Re: buildd/porter/maintainer roles again

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 06:05:45PM +0000, Clint Adams wrote:
> Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the buildd admin
> (if, for some reason, the buildd admin is not a porter)
> to notify an architecture's porters of any porting issues
> manifesting themselves in a package build?

As a powerpc buildd admin but not a porter, I'd be happy to do so.

But:
- It's only useful to talk to a porter if the bug clearly is a porting
  issue, rather than a bug in the package. This isn't always easy to
  make out from the build log.
- I have no clue who the powerpc porters are, if there are any.

I can mail to the debian-powerpc mailinglist of course, but that seems
to be mostly a powerpc user support list these days.

trying to fool the system.