Re: buildd/porter/maintainer roles again

	Hi!

* Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> [2010-07-14 02:14:12 CEST]:
> Le Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 08:44:17PM +0200, Hector Oron a écrit :
> > I would also like to point you to http://blog.aurel32.net/?p=58
>
> I am sure that we could achieve the suggested goal, which is to have a port
> ready and in a good shape when an architecture turns mainstream, if we were
> following a strategy similar to what is suggested on the following page of
> Fedora's wiki:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TomCallaway/SecondaryArchitectures

 Isn't that what <http://www.debian-ports.org/> is about, being second
class architectures?

> In situations where nobody volunteers to do the work of porting leaf packages
> for scientific computation on embedded arches where nobody will use them, my
> conclusion is that it would be harmless for the ports to ignore the package
> completely.

 Such architectures are moved off the main pool and to debian-ports, at
least that's what was my understanding and what I perceived in the last
years.

 So long,
Rhonda
--
"Lediglich 11 Prozent der Arbeitgeber sind der Meinung, dass jeder
Mensch auch ein Privatleben haben sollte."