Re: buildd/porter/maintainer roles again

On 12/07/10 at 18:05 +0000, Clint Adams wrote:
> Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the buildd admin
> (if, for some reason, the buildd admin is not a porter)
> to notify an architecture's porters of any porting issues
> manifesting themselves in a package build?

I think it should be. Or the porters should monitor the builds on their
architecture to be able to detect FTBFS and act on them, without the
maintainer having to manually ping them.

If we expect the maintainer to ping the porters, then we lack proper
infrastructure to keep track of current queries to porters. For example,
I would expect a BTS pseudo-package for each architecture that I could
use to ask for porter help, not just debian-$arch@ mailing lists where
it's easy to lose track of discussions.

Lucas