Re: On terminology

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 00:14:03 +0300, Faidon Liambotis wrote:

> Nowadays, we're asking people to become Maintainers so that they can
> become Debian Maintainers and *then* apply to the New Maintainer's
> process so that they can become Debian Developers.

And when their DD account is created they get a mail with the subject
"New Debian maintainer $name". :)

(At least that's what I got 2+ years ago.)

> Am I the only one who has trouble -and getting laughed at- whenever I
> try to explain these to potential contributors?

No.

> Can we _at least_ rename the NM process to be indicative of what it is?

It probably needs more; and it probably makes more fun and sense to
combine it with changes in membership structures itself, in case
someone picks up this discussion again.

Cheers,
gregor

--