Re: debian-private declassification team (looking for one)

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 09:58:23AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> Status update on this. We got some volunteers, but no one with actually
> enough free time to start doing the declassification right now. In fact,

I have the gut feeling that this declassification issue is some kind of
RFP bug which nobody really wants to pick.  If you ask me if I would
prefer people working on fixing RC bugs or rather reading piles of old
mails to decide about declasification or not I would have a clear
answer.

IMHO we should rethink the issue:  In how far is spending time into
declassification of old E-Mails helpful for our users and Debian as a
project.  Just to prove we are open (except of about 10% of the not
declassification mails)?  Does anybody think that some thousand of
people after declassification of mails will start reading those old
stuff?

To get me correct: I'm not against declassification in general and I'd
be fine if all my mails to debian-pr would be published - but the effort
to do the actual work just drains time from people who could spend their
time more effectively for the good of Debian.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

PS: Stefano, all people who disagree with my mail are obviosely
    volunteers for the declassification team and will probably start
    working on it soon.

--
http://fam-tille.de