Re: Possible GPL violation involving Debian distribution, and some packages within

Eric,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am pleased to report that the process problem that caused the
sources to not be where they were advertised has been identified and
fixed, and you should now be able to find and download what you're
looking for from ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/tcdebian as expected.

Note that the email address provided on the written offer to request
sources on CD goes directly to the right people and might have gotten
you an even faster reply than posting to debian-project.

In any case, I'm sorry you got the response you did from one of our
employees.  HP is a very big company, and obviously not everyone is
equally knowledgeable on this topic!  We are taking steps that we hope
will help our various support teams give better answers to source
availability questions in the future.

Regards,

Bdale
HP Open Source & Linux Chief Technologist