Re: Question in respect to GNU/Lnux affiliation

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 12:20 -0300, The Hickeys wrote:
> How come the GNU/Linux site does not have Debian on its free
> distribution list, and makes no mention of Debian at all it seems? Is
> this because Debian does not adhere to the GNU/Linux "Free Software
> Definition"?

Probably because of the non-free archive section.  Alternately because
of non-free firmware in the main section, though that will no longer be
an issue in Debian 6.0 'squeeze'.  Maybe you should ask them.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
I say we take off; nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.