Re: Report from this years CeBIT, Linux New Media Award nearly won ;)

Hi all,

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 09:18:32AM +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Last but not least, many questions where asked about our Debian
> GNU/kFreeBSD port, even before I did my two talks about it.  The
> questions about that topic ranged from "Does it support XEN?" to "Do you
> want to replace the Linux Kernel?" and of course related to the
> possibility of using ZFS with Debian GNU/kFreeBSD.  Some visitors asked
> about our relationship to the FreeBSD people, and what they think about
> our port.  I must confess, that I wasn't prepared for that question.  I
> think our relationship is good.  The BSD people invited Axel Beckert to
> speak about the port in their Developer Room at the recent FOSDEM, so I
> think they are interested in it.

I have it from good authority (read: my business partner,
philip@FreeBSD.org) that this is indeed true. AIUI, the feeling is that
we're a bit nuts for doing things this way, but "if it brings more
people to FreeBSD, why not".

[...]
> PS:  Also thanks to John Goerzen for proofreading my en_DE and removing
> zillions of comma :)

Indeed. I was wondering by the time I got this far down the mail ;-P

trying to fool the system.