[RFH] ferm integration into dsa-puppet.git

Hi,

the Debian Project currently runs about 100 machines[1] all over the
world with different services. Those are mainly managed by the Debian
System Administration team[2]. For central configuration management we
use Puppet[3]. The Puppet config we use is publicly available at [4].

Our next goal is to have a more or less central configuration of our
iptables rules on all those machines. Some of the machines have
home-brewed firewall scripts, some use ferm.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to provide us with a new
dsa-puppet git branch with a module "ferm" that we can roll out to all
our hosts.

It might want to use information from the other puppet modules like
"apache2_security_mirror" or "buildd" to decide which incoming traffic
should be allowed.

DSA will of course provide you with all necessary further information.

Cheers,

Martin

[1] http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DSA
[3] http://reductivelabs.com/products/puppet/
[4] http://git.debian.org/?p=mirror/dsa-puppet.git

--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster