Re: snapshot.debian.net

Hello Peter,

Am 2009-04-28 20:36:50, schrieb peter green:
> I have found snapshot.debian.net to be an invaluable resource when I
> wanted to check a bug with a particular version of a package and i'm
> sure others have too. Unfortunately the site seems to have been going
> downhill for a while (the search doesn't find anything at all recent,
> redirects to where the data is actually stored only half-work, there is
> no listing in the top level archive directory and so on) and it seems
> addition of new days to the archive stopped completely at the end of
> last month.
>
> Ukai do you plan to fix snapshot.debian.net?

It seems he is not online, because he does not respond to my last  three
or four mails...

> If not does anyone fancy
> setting up a similar service (I would do it myself if I had the
> resources, unfortunately I don't)? Would it even make sense to make such
> a service official?

As I have written on my  page  <http://releases.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>
I have accidently killed my /debian/dist/ folder and had no backup...

Now last year I have shutdown my Dual STM-4 in paris and  my  server  is
Off-Line (also I have a diskspace problem since Lenny because my  drives
are full)

Now I am  in  creation  of  a  new  enterprise  <http://www.tdwave.net/>
offering 100MBit Residential  FiberOptic  Internet  Access,  which  will
consume VERY much bandwidth and I will have multiple  10 GBit  upstreams
which mean, I try to re-activate my archive mirror again.

It is a question of the price for at  least  6 TByte  of  NEW  diskspace
using 300 GByte SCSI drives.  The whole server then would have  30 TByte
holding Binaries, Sources, CD and DVD images.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strasbourg/France
IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)                     Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ #328449886                                Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193