Re: forums.debian.net disabled

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Akis Panas wrote:
> >It is not known when or if or how forums.debian.net will >return.
>
> Will the debian project continue to provide hosting for the debian
> users forum on the same server?

Assuming a set of administrators is willing to care and feed whatever
forum software they decide to use, the DSA team[1] has intimated that
they will be willing to host it.

> If yes does your server allows the use of the last phpbb version?
> Current version is 3.0.4 The forum was running on 2.xx version witch
> is no longer supported by the phpbb team,
> http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785

The primary issue is that there wasn't a set of administrators with
time enough to actively care for the forum software to even notice
that this was the case.[2]

> As per the reply comment regarding the level of the forum: Well the
> same applies to the debian lists , do you suggest to shut them down
> also in favor on 10 - 100 members of the troll kingdom?

<<Insert pithy, hypocritical responsible that bites back here>>

Don Armstrong

1: Which doesn't include me
2: Not really their fault either; time doesn't grow on trees.
--
"I'm a rational being--of a sort--rational enough, at least, to see the
symptoms of insanity around me. And I'm human, the same as the people