Re: Distributing software written by hostile upstream developers

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> On Thu Sep 10 12:53, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> > Well, what happens if somebody wants to maintain software where there
> > is a strong set of opinion that we don't want it? In this case, I'd
> > like to delegate the power to the ftpmasters to say so and reject from
> > NEW etc. If we have a clear consensus that that would be OK then fine;
> > otherwise I'd like to run this through the GR process to make sure the
> > project as a whole agrees.
>
> Isn't that a TC job? overruling developers?

The CTTE cannot overrule non-technical decisions of developers.
[§6.1.4 only applies to technical decisions.]

I suppose the project leader/ftpmasters could delegate this to the
CTTE under §5.1.4 and the CTTE could make a decision under §6.1.3, but
I'm not sure how that would interoperate with §6.1.4. Presumably the
project leader has the authority to override non-technical decisions
that affect the project under §5.1.4.

Don Armstrong

--
"It's not Hollywood. War is real, war is primarily not about defeat or
victory, it is about death. I've seen thousands and thousands of dead