Re: Distributing software written by hostile upstream developers

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> On Thu Sep 10 12:53, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> > Well, what happens if somebody wants to maintain software where there
> > is a strong set of opinion that we don't want it? In this case, I'd
> > like to delegate the power to the ftpmasters to say so and reject from
> > NEW etc. If we have a clear consensus that that would be OK then fine;
> > otherwise I'd like to run this through the GR process to make sure the
> > project as a whole agrees.
> Isn't that a TC job? overruling developers?

The CTTE cannot overrule non-technical decisions of developers.
[§6.1.4 only applies to technical decisions.]

I suppose the project leader/ftpmasters could delegate this to the
CTTE under §5.1.4 and the CTTE could make a decision under §6.1.3, but
I'm not sure how that would interoperate with §6.1.4. Presumably the
project leader has the authority to override non-technical decisions
that affect the project under §5.1.4.

Don Armstrong

"It's not Hollywood. War is real, war is primarily not about defeat or
victory, it is about death. I've seen thousands and thousands of dead
bodies. Do you think I want to have an academic debate on this
 -- Robert Fisk