Re: On cadence and collaboration

Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Sandro Tosi wrote:
>
>> what can happen is that he prepare a rough solution, sent to debian in
>> a sense "hey, take it, I've done my work, it's an ugly hack but I have
>> no time to prepare an elegant solution; Now I got to go, I have
>> another 1000 things to do". I'm not sure it will happen, but I fear it
>> would.
>
> That happens already. See the Python 2.6 migration for a lot of bad examples...

Hmm, AFAICT python2.6 did not really happen in Debian yet because
Mathias is trying to not continue with the existing hacks that have
major issues when upgrading and wants to have a clean solution. AFAICS
that was already communicated in February [0] and was only really acted
on around DebConf [1]. You can blame everyone involved, but I think it
might be better to cooperate on fixing it instead.

Cheers

Luk

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/02/msg00431.html
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2009/08/msg00003.html