Re: On cadence and collaboration

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 04:25:47PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> GRUB 2 is going to be another opportunity where Ubuntu can prove
> either useful or detrimental to your stated goals: invest time to
> polish it and contribute back to the upstream; or use it raw as it is
> and leave the user with the shards if it breaks. The upstream
> abandoned GRUB 1, GRUB 2 isn't ready.

This is a good point where people can actually help: GRUB 2 is,
besides all other shortcomings, severely underdocumented. Ubuntu
as a very user-friendly distribution probably has skilled writers at
hand - task some of them to produce useable documentation on GRUB 2.

The rest of the mail which I am replying to gets a clear +1.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190