Re: Opera in your repos

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 05:11:12PM +0200, Ilya Shpan'kov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I work in Opera Software - yes, we make a proprietary browser ;)
>
> Last 7 years I use GNU/Linux and know that, for example, in Russia the
> Opera browser is very popular in GNU/Linux Community. Unfortunately, not
> always I can see this browser in the non-free repos. Well, there is a
> question: whether Opera is included to your distro and if not - how we can
> fix this problem? We are ready for any discussions, technical help or
> agreement, if necessary.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Please, learn about Debian philosophy and you will get the answer to
your question. Read from here:
http://www.debian.org/ all the "about" part.

Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian will give you a nice overview.

Even in the case you release the opera code with a license that allow
distributing opera in non-free, there is not much point on distributing it
when we already have _totally free_ browsers.

Ana