Re: Debian redesign
On Wed, Jul 29 2009, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> Agnieszka Czajkowska has presented this morning at DebConf a very nice
> redesign proposal off the Debian logo and the Debian website. She has been
> working on this all the last year as part of her master thesis in Design.
I like the slides -- all the way to the "illustrations".
I might be old fashioned, but the illustrations seemed a trifle
1) illustration 1 --- The cleavage seems to be a trifle overdone. I
suspect one concentrates more on the cleavage than
on debian (if one is male).
2) Is illustration 2 supposed to be a bed -- or a table with people
sitting on it?
3) illustration 3 seems like someone who likes to sleep nude.
4) illustration 4, the dude seems to be reading porn.
5) illustration 6 is just plain creepy
There seems to be an undercurrent of sexuality in the
illustrations, which seemed odd for an operating system. But perhaps I
am just old.
"But this one goes to eleven." Nigel Tufnel
Manoj Srivastava <firstname.lastname@example.org> <http://www.debian.org/~srivasta/>
1024D/BF24424C print 4966 F272 D093 B493 410B 924B 21BA DABB BF24 424C