Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

Hi,
* Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> [2009-07-29 12:07]:
> On 2009-07-29, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> wrote:
> > Who would you like to propose a release cycle to the project if not the
> > Release Team?
>
> What I have seen so far, both from the press announcement and from the
> video, it is not a proposal. it is a decision.
[...]
Why is that such a big problem for you? I mean without
stating my opinion about the content of this decision itself
I think as it's the release teams job to make such decisions
and for myself just trust them that this is the best
decision for the project. Everyone is free to join the
release team and take part in such discussions if you really
want that. I am not sure either whether that is a good
decision or not but I feel not competent enough in the area
of release team work to 100% judge that so I just trust in
their work and their experience. That's what teams are for,
reducing workload.

The only thing that really bugs me a bit that the security
team hasn't been contacted about this beforehand as well and
as we need to support the releases this sucks a bit. But
well, let's see what happens and LART them later in case of
problems.

Cheers
Nico
--