Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes
On 2009-07-29, Joerg Jaspert <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I'm considering how we can get this decision undone. Anyone up for
>> helping with that?
> I object, but feel free to if you really must.
> As I already said the Release Team *does* have the power to take such
> decisions. If you go on with a GR you effectively take away this
> power. Not that good an idea IMO.
I'm hoping that we can convince the release team to change their mind.
By reading Luk's replies in this thread and looking at the way this was
communicated, I'm not that confident that it will succeed.
Do we as developers have other ways to say "This is really bad, please
don't" other than doing a GR.
I do not want to disarm the release team in general, but I do want to
communicate that I find this (decision, process, timing) very bad for
debian, for me and for my motivation to do debian work.
If I end up having to choose wether to disarm the current release team
in general or not being able to properly communicate what I_think is
inappropriate, I guess I need to figure out what to do.
I really hope that release team will change its mind.
> Please reconsider this and move the freeze a year later. A freeze this
> december *does* block about aall interesting things that we would want
> to happen in squeeze. Squeeze wouldnt be more than a lenny+0.8 release
> then. And thats really nothing *I* would love to attach my name too.