Re: US embargo restrictions for Debian?

Hi!

Ola Sandbu schrieb:

> I see that Debian is a US registered organization, and then have to obey the
> laws for that country.
> The reason for  my question is because I could not find any information
> related to United States embargo regulations at the Debian Web pages.

Well, to be correct:  Debian itself is not a US registered organisation,
but Software in the Public Interest, Debian's legal umbrella is.

To be best of my knowledge Debian helps SPI to comply with the US laws
by announcing new and changed packages to Department of Commerce's
Bureau of Export Administration (see
http://ftp-master.debian.org/crypto-in-main/ for some examples).

See http://www.debian.org/legal/cryptoinmain for more information about
that.