Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 08:00:59PM +0200, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I can appreciate that, but is it unreasonable to expect the FD to at least
> > send a simple overview (list of names) of who have been accepted in the
> > project during the past x months?
>
> I think the AM could provide a summary for that mail, after all, the
> AM should know the applicant enough to be able to write that up,
> right?

They already do. The overview mail is composed of the bio summaries that
are part of the AM report.

However, I still have to figure out who was accepted since the last such
mail was sent out, where the AM report is, copy the right section from
that AM report, paste it into the mail I'm composing, review it to make
sure it contains only the right information (rather than any superfluous
information that was part of the AM report but has no business being in
the overview mail), and making sure the markup is similar across all the
mails.

Doing this easily took over an hour when I did this, which IMO is too
much for a comparatively small benefit. After all, in that hour I could
also have reviewed an AM report, which is much more productive.

trying to fool the system.