projectb usage on merkel

Hello,

a day or three ago we had a little change on merkel. You won't notice it
if you use rmadison or dak directly, but in case you query projectb
directly for data you will.

projectb is now within postgres8.3 and so a different cluster. To access it
use service=dak in your connection string or, in case your database
access layer is incomplete and can't do services, use port 5433. Using
the service way is preferred, as then you won't need to bother again
with future changes, no matter where it moves to.

That is, if you use psql then use

     /usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/bin/psql service=dak

to connect.[1]

[1] Until the time all databases on merkel are moved out of the old 8.1
and 8.3 is the default, after that you can drop the path and just use
psql.

--
bye, Joerg
> But i don't think that we talk a lot, as far as i can see, you live in
> the USA.
Australia. Only minor details like timezone and hemisphere but pretty
much the same. TZ is UTC+10