Re: Debian Membership

Micah Anderson wrote:
> All of this is just fun wingnut ramblings, but I think serves to
> illustrate that the artificial barrier imposed by the arduous NM process
> is not that significant of a difficulty for getting inside Debian and we
> cannot use this as mechanism for making Debian "secure".

The NM process is needed to ensure that new DDs know enough about Debian to
maintain their packages properly. The NM process can't ensure that no evil
person passes it (although it makes sure, that evil plans will need a lot of
time and knowledge), but at least it tries to ensure that new DDs have a common
knowledge, which is needed definitely.

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprint: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79