Re: Draft for lenny release announcement

Steve Langasek wrote:
>> The preferred tool is aptitude.
>
> This is not a matter for you to decide by fiat.  The tools recommended in
> the release notes should be the ones that work most reliably for
> dist-upgrading from the previous release.  Based on various upgrade reports
> I've seen over the past year, that isn't aptitude.
This is not my fiat, that was (was?) decided some time ago by apt and aptitude
maintainers, and various Debian docs that I read before. However, now I understand that
things may change, and the final decision is not made by maintainers but by the release
team. So, I am sorry for my premature phrase.

C++/Perl developer, Debian Maintainer