Re: Voting on messages: a way to resolve the mailing list problems

MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
>> MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:

>>> So this means ignoring any concerns and pressing on regardless?

>> Disagreeing with you is not the same thing as ignoring concerns.
>> Making that accusation is a cheap debate tactic.  Without mind-reading,
>> you have no idea whether someone is ignoring your concerns or just
>> continuing to disagree with them and not interested in discussing them
>> with you more than they already have.

> That curly thing on the end of the quoted line is a question mark.
> I know I have no idea whether they're ignoring any concerns or just
> continuing to disagree with them, so I asked.  OK?

> Misinterpreting a question as an "accusation" is even cheaper.

Hm.  Okay.  I apologize for misinterpretating your intention.  It struck
me as a rhetorical question intended to make an accusation, but that's
probably not a conclusion that I should jump to based on e-mail
discussions.

For whatever it's worth (and this is provided just for information, not
because I expect you to change your communication style to fit me or
anything like that), I would have understood your intention if the
question had been phrased as "Do you intend to press on despite the
concerns expressed here earlier?"  (Which based on the above is I think
equivalent to what you meant.)