Re: transfering files between *.debian.org hosts

]] Peter Palfrader

| - install sendfile/saft on all machines so you can do
|     sendfile foo.tar.gz weasel@merkel
|
|   Unfortunately sendfile doesn't use crypto, so who knows what happens
|   to the stuff you send.  And it's yet another network facing server - I
|   don't know if anybody ever did a real audit on it either.  Also, I
|   have no idea if it's still actively maintained these days.  Lack of
|   crypto seems to suggest that there certainly isn't any new development
|   going on, and hasn't in ages.

[...]

| What other options did we forget?

NFS over OpenVPN between all debian hosts and a directory which is mode
1777 ?  Sendfile over OpenVPN would also work and be less insecure
(though still no auth).

Passphraseless keys limited to sftp would also be an option, but on a
per-user basis.

--
Tollef Fog Heen