Re: iceweasel: Kerberos authentication does not work

[SOLVED! (see below) PLEASE CLOSE THIS BUG ID!]

rra@debian.org:
> I'm not sure what's wrong in that bug, but Kerberos authentication in
> Iceweasel (3.0.1-1) is working fine for me.  I'd notice immediately if it
> stopped working.

> I did notice that I had to restart Iceweasel after a dist-upgrade to get
> Negotiate-Auth working again, but I didn't pay much attention to that;
> that's a normal issue and in general one always has to restart Iceweasel
> after upgrades.

> The bug report only mentions delegation-uris and not trusted-uris.  I do
> think they both have to be set to do Negotiate-Auth with delegation.

I had written up a long message, comparing Iceweasel to Epiphany,
which worked all the time, and as I was comparing the configuration
keys character by character, I found it.

It turns out that there has been a microscopic change in the
interpretation of the

   network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris

key between Iceweasel 2.x and 3.x. In my version 2.0 config I had set

   network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris   https:

but it turns out that that is not sufficient to trigger the Kerberos
behaviour in Iceweasel 3.0, but when I changed it to

   network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris   https://

(note the trailing double-slash) it just started working again.

So, I'm a happy camper. Sorry for bothering you with this, but it
confused the h-ll out of me. :-)

And, BTW, it is not necessary to set the

   network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris

key to any value. The "trusted-uris" is sufficient - at least in my
case. :-)

				Best regards,
				  /Liman
# There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand
# binary numbers, and those who don't.