Re: my treatment in #debian

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 05:16:45PM -0400, Rahul Jain wrote:
> As a regular in #debian (on OPN/freenode) for over 5 years and a
> contributor to the debian project, one would expect that I would be
> treated slightly better by the ops than random newbies.

Quite the contrary, Regulars are held to higher standards than random
newbies, as they (if they want or not) represent Debian to the user
community.  So while the channel moderators might let a random newbie
rant for a while, ad-hominem attacks of regulars towards newbies should
not be tolerated by the Debian project, IMO.

This is my general opinion, I have not seen or reviewed the incident in
case.

Michael