Re: DEP1: how to do an NMU

On Monday 02 June 2008, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> > > No, I don't, I agree with you that this would be unacceptable.
> >
> > Right, and that is where our opinions _do_ differ fundamentally.
>
> You don't agree that I agree with you?

OK, I misread that. Sorry.

The fundamental thing we disagree on is that you think creating a patch
and doing an immediate upload to DELAYED is an acceptable workflow for
any kind of issue. I think that is unacceptable and I think I have made
my arguments for that clear enough by now.

It is acceptable and appropriate for _some_ cases, but IMO not even for
"most". And there are also some situations - and I'd count almost any
change to D-I team maintained packages in that - where it is *not*
acceptable or appropriate in almost _all_ cases.